In providing our services, we collect and process personal information. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We value the trust you place in us by providing the information we need to provision our services.
This privacy notice explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how long we will keep it for and how we protect it.
We may update this notice from time to time to reflect changes in regulation or our services, so please check this page regularly. This notice applies to any website, form, application, service or tool where it is referenced.
How and when do we collect your personal information
Personal information is any data that can be used to identify you, or that which we can link to you.
Information you provide voluntarily
- The information we collect, you provide voluntarily through interactions with our services such as requesting the valuation, auction and sale of items, bidding on items, subscribing to catalogues or registering for an account on our website to place bids.
- We also collect personal information from you through communications such as our website, letters, forms, phone calls and emails.
- The personal information you are asked to provide and the reason you are asked to provide it, will be made clear at the point we ask for it.
Information we collect automatically
- We also collect some information about you automatically when you visit our offices and websites.
- We use CCTV within our rooms and offices to protect vendor property, visitors and staff. We use these images to review bidding activity in the event of a complaint or dispute.
- We also collect information about you when you visit our website, using cookies to manage your web browser session and Google analytics to monitor visitor’s actions.
- By using these cookies, we may therefore collect details about the type of device you use to access our website, its operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location, your browser and the webpages / content you view.
- The information that we collect is used to protect our websites and improve them.
Links to other websites
We may publish links to websites run by other companies such as Facebook or Twitter. Those companies have their own privacy notices and cookies policies. RP Seitz Ancient Coins have no responsibility for these websites, so please remember that the information you provide to these organizations will follow their privacy rules and not ours.
What information may we hold about you
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Contact details such as – Name, title, address, email address and telephone number, country
- Date of birth
- RP Seitz Ancient Coins specific information such as – Bidder ID and password, Green card status, bidder code, lot number, property reference, account number
- Philatelic society membership
- Specialist subject interests (e.g. toys, stamps)
- Sale / auction item details
- CCTV Images
- Bank account, credit / debit card information
- Details of sales and auctions fulfilled by RP Seitz Ancient Coins
- Details and history of bids placed via this website or through other means such as post, telephone or in person
- Records of correspondence whether by telephone, email, post or in person.
- Details of your visits to this website, site search history, items and pages accessed, links clicked
- Catalogue subscription details
- Information collected automatically from your device, including IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information
Will RP Seitz Ancient Coins share my personal information with anyone else?
We may pass your personal information to third-party service providers contracted to RP Seitz Ancient Coins. This is strictly for the purposes of providing services to you or improving them.
The categories of organizations we share your information with includes:
- Web design and hosting suppliers
- Telecoms suppliers
- Delivery and order fulfilment suppliers
- IT Infrastructure and support suppliers
- Payment providers and banks
- Catalogue printers
We may also share your information with a law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any person.
We will never sell or rent your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Any third parties that we may share your information with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide to you on our behalf.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
- RP Seitz Ancient Coins will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the GDPR. We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We only hold your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services, meet our legal and regulatory obligations and where it is relevant to our legitimate business interests.
- When your personal information is no longer required for these purposes it will be destroyed.
- RP Seitz Ancient Coins are committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us.
- While we take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information we collect, no system is impenetrable.
- Unfortunately, sending information via e-mail is not completely secure; anything you send is done so at your own risk. Once received, we will secure your information in accordance with our security procedures and controls.
- RP Seitz Ancient Coins implement controls to prevent information about you being subject to loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we store the personal information you provide to us on computer systems that have limited access and are located in controlled facilities.
- We also ensure that our third-party suppliers provide adequate security measures.
RP Seitz Ancient Coins want you to be in control of how your personal information is used by us. You can do this by exercising the rights granted to you under the GDPR.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct information that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the information we hold about you to be erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the information we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent – If a process we operate relies upon consent as its lawful basis you are able to withdraw this consent.
Please use the contact details at the bottom of this notice should you wish to exercise any of these rights.
When exercising the right of access, we will need to confirm the identity of the individual making the request and their right to access such information.